Colorado Recruiting Zone - Aurora
- The city attracts more than 30 regional and national sports tournaments annually to Aurora's fields, which include the 220 acre Aurora Sports Park opened in 2003
- 7 golf courses
- 2 reservoirs, both open year-round
- Hiking and biking trail systems
- Aurora was formerly named “Fletcher,” after a local businessman. After he skipped town, leaving a large debt, the townspeople decided to rename it “Aurora.”
Arts & Culture
- The Aurora Fox Arts Center, a historic landmark, is the City’s performing arts center. The Aurora Fox is a 245 seat performing arts facility.
- The Aurora Symphony Orchestra, a community orchestra established more than 30 years ago, offers a full season of full orchestra concerts annually as well as smaller chamber ensemble performances.
- Buckley Air Force Base
- The Children’s Hospital
- Raytheon Company
- Kaiser Permanente
- ADT Security Systems
- Northrop Grumman
- The city of Aurora and the state of Colorado eliminate and/or exempt taxes common to other cities and states by providing sales tax exemptions for specific business operations.
- The Aurora/Denver metro area is a national center for the telecommunications industry, with companies such as Qwest Communications, AT&T, Sprint, Level 3 Communications, Comcast Corporation and Verizon Wireless maintaining major operations here. The area’s location in the Rocky Mountain Time zone allows it worldwide, same-day communication.
- Aurora enjoys low natural gas and electrical rates compared to other major U.S. cities.