Colorado Recruiting Zone - Breckenridge
- 2600 foot Alpine Slide slalom course
- 400 acres of town-owned parks
- 2,358 acres of skiable terrain in Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Every January, the International Snow Sculpture Championships are held in Breckenridge, where sculptors from around the world compete to create works of art from twenty ton blocks of snow.
Arts & Culture
- The Breckenridge Theatre is located in the bustling 100 block of South Ridge Street and in the heart of the Breckenridge Arts District. The 100-seat performing arts theatre and multi-functional venue offers an intimate theatre experience.
- The Breckenridge Festival of Film celebrates the art and craft of filmmaking. Each year in June, a unique and varied array of independent films, premieres, receptions, educational programs and retrospectives honoring featured guests takes place high in the Colorado Rockies.
- A master plan for development around the gondola base includes the development of a Grand Hotel, a mixed-use building, a combined skier services/transit building, townhomes, two parking structures and a new transit loading area. An expanded gondola plaza is proposed, along with significant improvements to the Blue River corridor, including expansion of the Riverwalk.
Construction is continuing on The Grand Lodge on Peak 7 includes 100 units with interval ownership, 4,500 square feet of commercial space (including a restaurant), and 6,670 square feet of guest services space. Construction at the base of Peak 8 ceased with the completion of One Ski Hill Place in spring 2010. One Ski Hill Place includes 88 condo-hotel units, with 6,141 square feet of commercial space and 23,660 square feet of guest services. One Ski Hill Place also includes the new cafeteria for Peak 8 (replacing the Bergenhof building), a large bar, and ample outdoor seating.