Colorado Recruiting Zone - Crested Butte
Crested Butte Highlights
- Only 3 miles from nearest ski area
- Designated the wildflower capital of Colorado by the Colorado General Assembly
- Nordic center with ice skating and cross-country skiing trails
- 1970's musicians Brewer and Shipley wrote and performed a song called Crested Butte dedicated to the town.
Arts & Culture
- Crested Butte hosts a number of unique festivals and parades throughout the year. These include: Torchlight, New Years, Winter Carnival, Butte Bash College Ski Week and Mardi Gras during the winter months; Extreme Board Fest, Slushuck and Flaushink during spring; Fat Tire Bike Week, Music Festival, 4th of July, the Crested Butte Wildflower Festival, Alpenglow Concert Series, Festival of the Arts and Ball Bash during summer; and Fall Fest, Vinitok and Paragon Peoples' Fair during fall.
- Gunnison Watershed School District
- Elevation Hotel
- Crested Butte Mountain Resort
- The Grand Lodge
- Town of Crested Butte
- 28 miles from the Gunnison-Crested Butte Airport
- Business-owned discount season ski passes are offered to qualifying local businesses
Mt. Crested Butte ski resort is the main local industry