Colorado Recruiting Zone - Grand Junction
Grand Junction Highlights
- Popular mountain biking destination
- Thousands of rock formations with many climbing routes
- Four 18-hole golf courses are available for year-round golfing, including the award winning Redlands Mesa Golf Club.
- Powderhorn Ski Resort is a short 40 minute drive from Grand Junction
- Grand Junction’s nickname is “River City,” since it is located where the Colorado River joins the Gunnison River.
Arts & Culture
- In addition to wonderful art galleries throughout Grand Junction, the town is also home to several unique art centers. The Western Colorado Center is a nonprofit arts organization that promotes the enjoyment and understanding of the arts through educational programs, exhibits and its permanent collection of nearly 300 historic and contemporary works. Art on the Corner is a yearlong outdoor exhibit featuring more than 100 sculptures downtown.
- Grand Junction is the heart of the Colorado wine industry, and hosts the state’s oldest and largest wine festival, the Colorado Mountain Winefest.
- St. Mary’s Hospital & Medical Center
- Halliburton Energy
- Colorado West Mental Health
- StarTek USA, Inc.
- West Star Aviation Inc.
- Schlumberger Tech Corp.
- The city is well connected through a variety of forms of transportation, including the Grand Junction Regional Airport, an Amtrak station, the Grand Valley Bus Transit system, and Interstate 70.
- Grand Junction’s utility rates are some of the lowest rates around, lower than Arizona, California and Florida.
35% of the workforce has a Bachelor’s degree or higher, and is comprised of engineers, administrators, executives, artists, farmers, ranchers, IT professionals, and publishers.