Colorado Recruiting Zone - Thornton
- Over 40 parks and open space lands spanning over 2,000 acres
- 80 miles of trails
- Close to the Rocky Mountains and 28 different ski areas
- Thornton was named in honor of Former Colorado Governor Dan Thornton.
Arts & Culture
- The TASHCO Young Artists Festival is a classically focused program meant to identify and support the young talent of Adams County through exhibition, performance, education, and scholarship. It includes ten days of exhibiting, auditions, performances, and judging, ending with a final recital and awards ceremony
- The “Free Parking” summer concert series offers a variety of free family-friendly concerts on Thursdays from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at various locations throughout Thornton.
- Thorntonfest is a popular, annual community event that offers an array of entertainment, activities, food, and vendors.
- American Furniture Warehouse
- North Suburban Medical Center
- Voice Stream Wireless
- SoundTrack/Ultimate Electronics
- Thornton is located 10 miles north of downtown Denver and adjacent to Interstate 25, provides high visibility for business while still allowing easy access to various transportation routes.
With the passage of FasTracks, the future will bring alternative modes of transportation for Thornton commuters, including a commuter rail by 2015, improvements to I-25 and additional bus service.