Denver Staffing Agency - Investment Banking Entry-Level Sales Assistant Jobs Target High Achievers
- 5/27/13 |
- 1:14 PM
- 2196 Views
An investment banking career involves raising equity and debt capital for companies, and is an attractive option for recent Denver university graduates or professionals with a few years of experience.
While competition for these positions can be downright ferocious and the hours daunting, the profession remains a highly-lucrative option for young professionals looking to earn high levels of income, and a burning curiosity and desire to explore this field.
But how do you get that coveted interview, and most importantly, do you have what it takes to advance your career in such a competitive, challenging, demanding and stressful environment? Let's take a look at the entry-level Sales Assistant position.
Investment Banking Entry Level Sales Assistant Jobs Target High Achievers
Denver investment banking recruiting and staffing targets high achievers as the requirements for the barriers to entry are very specific. Even though several years of some type of corporate experience is required, preferably in finance, typically investment banking hiring managers look for the following:
- High academic achievement
- Involvement in campus leadership positions
- Effective team players with excellent communication skills in order to avoid disconnects and wasted effort. Investment banks communicate with external parties such as clients, accountants, consultants and lawyers. Furthermore, many client representatives tend to be extremely scrutinizing, well-respected and often short-tempered, and you'll need to know how to deal with them.
- Internships or some work experience at well-regarded companies and nonprofit organizations
- Work stamina
- Ability to be able to convey raw mental and emotional horsepower
- A solid sense of direction in terms of goals and objectives and credible step-by-step supporting actions that have been taken to arrive at those objectives.
- Minimum requirement for a basic understanding of finance enhance your interview chances
- A passion and determination to explore investment banking as a career
Securities License Certification Required for Sales Associates
When you are a young professional you continually have to work hard to make it to the next milestone. Certification is required to become a registered Sales Assistant who can accept and process unsolicited securities trade orders placed by clients.
Therefore, one of the requirements for these positions is obtaining several securities licenses. As an investment banking firm, a company is subject to Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) and Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) regulations. Furthermore, larger securities firms, such as many of J. Kent Staffing's investment banking clients, require rigorous qualifications, insisting their Denver Sales Associates must also obtain Series 7, 52 and 63 licenses in order to perform the requirements of their position. These tests must be taken and passed within three months of hire.
Definition of 'Financial Industry Regulatory Authority - FINRA'
A regulatory body created after the merger of the National Association of Securities Dealers and the New York Stock Exchange's regulation committee. The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority is responsible for governing business between brokers, dealers and the investing public. By consolidating these two regulators, FINRA aims to eliminate regulatory overlap and cost inefficiencies.
Sources: wikipedia.org, about.com, investopedia.com