Denver Staffing Agency - Social Media Marketing Jobs Increase 65% Since June 2011
- 7/30/12 |
- 5:10 PM
- 528 Views
Social media marketing refers to the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites. Social media marketing programs usually center on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it with their social networks such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, or Google +, for example.
Denver Social Media Marketing Professionals Needed by Small Business Enterprises
With the increased awareness around social media marketing trends, J. Kent Staffing’s clients have begun to develop a marketing strategy to increase their brand awareness online. As J. Kent continues to search for or hire social media marketing talent for small business enterprises, J. Kent Staffing recognizes that hiring authorities are challenged when it comes to identifying the specific type of Denver social media marketing talent they need. Furthermore, to find the talent to fit into the budget available dedicated specifically to social media marketing, also challenges small business CEOs and their Human Resources Managers.
Most employers have been spending very little on social media, according to Zoomerang, and 74% of businesses have not hired a full-time or part-time staff member to assist with social media marketing. Although many small employers have tried to tackle this evolving marketing opportunity themselves, some have found it daunting. The challenges for small business are many:
- Budget constraints and lack of existing staff expertise
- Overall lack of time needed to navigate through the various media outlets
- Difficulty integrating social media efforts with email marketing, the company website, and newsletters
- Understanding the rules of social media marketing tactics for LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, or Google +
- Writing professional business to consumer or business to business content that will increase sales or attract the reader
- Understanding the importance of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Wanted Analytics reported that in June 2012, there was a 65% increase, compared to June 2011, in job ad volume in the social media area. Although social media job titles are still emerging and evolving, it is important for the small business owner to understand that the world of social media marketing is unique unto itself. Creating online buzz campaigns, brand identity or community involvement, for example, is now the norm and driving your organization's sales has now expanded beyond traditional marketing.
Small Budget – Hire Part-Time, Full-Time, or Temporary Social Media Marketing Talent
J. Kent Staffing, a Denver-based staffing and recruiting firm is finding that Denver small business employers with tight budgets are considering either bringing on project driven, temporary Social Media professionals or directly hiring part-time or full-time Social Media Coordinators, Content Specialists or Bloggers, for example, to support or start their organization’s social media marketing efforts.
On the other hand, we are also seeing computer, Internet and social media savvy Administrative Assistants dedicating four business hours a day to the company’s social media efforts. If your small business is looking to dedicate four payroll hours out of a business day to social media marketing, think about these very basic requirements to ensure success in your initial, online marketing efforts:
- Degree in marketing or communications, or other relevant education such as a degree in English or Journalism
- Proven, successful, prior social media marketing experience
- Copywriting experience
- Web 2.0 experience – understanding the unique rules of practical, and powerful social media sites that create a social connection
Job Titles That Create an Online Buzz
In 2012, although there are thousands of social media jobs of every variety held virtually throughout the U.S. in both large and small cities, it is not hard to understand that the most significant and high paying social media jobs are primarily found in larger cities, like New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco and the Silicon Valley, Chicago, and Miami. Top down, here are the hottest jobs in social media today:
- Social Media Director
- Social Media Manager/Strategist
- Social Media Strategist
- Social Media Analyst
- Community Manager - Social Media
- Content Manager - Social Media
- Content Specialist - Social Media
- Social Media Specialist
- Social Media Product Manager
- Social Media Account Manager
- Social Media Designer
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Specialist
- Social Media Coordinator
- Social Media Intern
A Denver Social Media Strategist job may range from $39,000 - $68,000; in New York City the range might be $55,000 - $110,000.
On the other hand, a fresh college graduate, that has been using social media for personal entertainment for years, even with a degree, might garner $39,000 or less in Denver, where as a seasoned professional with a solid understanding of strategy and execution, will command the upper end.
Sources: wantedanalytics.com, Zoomerang, Online Surveys & Polls