Staffing Industry Statistics - Did You Know?
- 2/18/17 |
- 7:03 PM
- 662 Views
The staffing, recruiting, and workforce solutions industry makes a vital contribution to the U.S. economy.
Did You Know…?
1. More than three million temporary and contract employees work for America’s staffing companies during an average week.
2. During the course of a year, America’s staffing companies hire nearly 16 million temporary and contract employees.
3. Most (76%) work full time, comparable to the overall workforce (82%).
4. Half (49%) of staffing employees say it’s a way to get a permanent job.
5. Nine out of 10 said staffing work made them more employable.
6. One-third (35%) were offered a permanent job by a client where they worked on an assignment, and two-thirds (66%) of those accepted the offers of permanent employment.
7. While permanent employment is a top priority for most staffing employees, about one in five cite scheduling flexibility as a key reason for choosing temporary and contract work.
8. Individual assignments range from a few hours to several years; overall employment tenure averages just over three months.
9. The average wage is more than $17 per hour; some make more than $100 per hour.
10. Staffing employees work in virtually all occupations in all sectors:
*28% Office–Clerical and Administrative
*13% Engineering, Information Technology, and Scientific
*9% Health Care
10 Staffing companies offer a wide range of employment-related services, predominantly
*Temporary and contract staffing
*Recruiting and permanent placement
*Outsourcing and outplacement
*Human resource consulting
11. BLS projects that staffing employment will grow faster than overall employment, with staffing expected to add more jobs than most other industries.
12. The staffing and recruiting industry grew twice as fast as the economy in 2015 and is on track to grow nearly two and a half times faster than the economy in 2016.
Source: American Staffing Association