Denver Insurance Account Managers with Risk Management & Insurance Degrees Highly Targeted
|Tom - Account Manager - Insurance|
- 09/24/2012 |
- 1369 Views
Insurance Account Managers in Denver are highly sought after, especially if they are experienced in the industry, have a Bachelor of Business Administration in Risk Management & Insurance, and bring to the interview exceptional relationship, customer service and sales skills.
Building the Right Team in 2012 – Part 3
Our client, a CEO of one of Denver’s most respected insurance brokerage firms continued to embark upon his quest to pursue the top 5 percent of experienced insurance talent in the Denver market place. The beginning of the organization’s decisive new hiring strategy story was published in two previous blogs, Building the Right Team in 2011 – Part 1, and Building the Right Team in 2011 – Part 2.
In 2012, the CEO’s mandate is still the same, a focused and clear mission to hire only the “best of the best.” With the need to add another Account Manager to staff, J. Kent Staffing was once again tapped to identify this talent.
Denver Recruiters Attract Top Account Managers for Progressive Insurance Brokerage
J. Kent’s Recruiters work with many highly respected Denver companies ranging from Fortune 500 firms, as well as national, regional, and local organizations in a broad range of industries and sectors. However, when we work with locally-owned and operated Denver companies that have a progressive office environment and sophisticated business model, the search takes on a different excitement.
Progressive Corporate Ideologies Highly Sought After By J. Kent Candidates
Career-minded J. Kent Candidates in 2012 seek business cultures with progressive corporate ideologies. J. Kent’s Recruiters recognize this new trend and in order to attract the most qualified talent for the 2012 Denver workplace, we need companies like our insurance brokerage client that
- understands the importance of corporate wellness programs,
- encourage health and fitness,
- provide healthy snacks,
- promote from within, and are
- strong proponents of training and development programs.
Insurance Account Managers – An Experienced Professional
An Insurance Account Manager is an experienced professional in their field. Here is a short list of the background, skills, and abilities that our Denver insurance brokerage client was seeking.
- College degree and experience in the specified insurance field
- Certified and licensed by the state's insurance commission
- Experienced in managing and overseeing assigned list of corporate accounts (from small to major corporations with several thousand employees)
- Understands and comprehends the complexity of insurance products, and state and federal laws that regulate insurance
- Ability to present to all levels of management and be able to explain complex products in an understandable manner
- Knowledge of business requirements of many organizations in a range of industries
- Strong customer service, problem resolution, and retention skills
- Ability to execute assigned sales targets; must be comfortable calling prospects to add business to the brokerage portfolio of accounts
- Sharp negotiation skills for both renewals and new business solicitation
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook); comfortable using database software.
University of Georgia Graduate Relocates, Accepts Denver Account Manager Job
Although our client had been looking to add the position to their FTE headcount for more than six months, the right candidate did not surface that met their new, selective hiring strategy plan developed in 2011. However, in September 2012, J. Kent’s Recruiters identified Tom from Savannah, Georgia as the best candidate match for the position, and the insurance brokerage’s firm progressive business culture. Tom presented with a broad range of insurance experience and a unique degree targeted at the insurance industry. His background included the following.
- Six years of insurance, risk management, and mortgage experience
- Positions held: Loss Control Coordinator, Risk Management & Liability Technician, and Sr. Loan Advisor
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Risk Management & Insurance – Program ranked second in the country by US News and World Report
- Certified DD6 Instructor, National Safety Council
- FEMA, IS-00700.a National Incident Management System - Certified
- FEMA, IS-00100.b Incident Command System - Certified
- Georgia Insurance Society - Member
- Junior Chamber of Commerce - Member
Denver Insurance Broker Stays True to High-Level Hiring Program
Staying true to a high-level hiring program and having the patience to wait for the right candidate becomes a challenge, especially if your company is competing for Denver’s insurance market share. Our client’s new hiring strategy to only pursue and hire the top 5 percent of experienced insurance talent in the Denver marketplace was the mandate, and for this position the mandate was met. In their march to continue to “Build the Right Team,” our client is now poised to gain more of the growing 2013 insurance market.
As always, our insurance brokerage client expects to hire individuals who were top performers in their past jobs, and also demonstrated leadership through their school activities, sports, or community involvement. Tom also met their expectations in that regard to include the leadership role of captain of his high school soccer team, financing his college expenses through the State of Georgia’s HOPE Scholarship, obtaining additional professional certifications, and working outside of his job to give back to his community.
Tom and his wife are thrilled to call Denver their new home and his continued love of soccer today is expressed through coaching youth soccer in his new community.