Multi-Talented Yale University Freshman Accepts Denver IT Help Desk Temporary Job
|Trey - IT Help Desk Tech - 3 Week Temporary Job|
- 07/31/2013 |
- 1322 Views
J. Kent Staffing, a Denver staffing and recruiting firm frequently employs top high school graduates for a variety of summer employment opportunities. The summer of 2013 provided our Staffing Managers with a wide range of exceptional, talented, high school graduates. Although excellent computer skills and technical abilities are today a standard requirement for most professional positions, what our Staffing Managers consistently seek are employees with mature communication, people and social skills for our Denver employers.
Denver IT Help Desk Tech - 3 Week Temp Assignment, Department of Technology
J. Kent provides professional, temporary staffing through a staffing contract to the Denver Public Schools. We staff a variety of positions for the school district and most recently completed a 3 week staffing assignment for their Department of Technology. The request was for a temporary, entry-level Help Desk Support Tech to assist with school year-end busy time.
What were the requirements for the assignment?
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office Suite), as well as the ability to troubleshoot issues and ask appropriate questions to reach resolution, were 100% required
- Top-notch customer service and people skills to remotely assist end users (teachers, paraprofessionals and principals) with computer-related issues over the phone
- Outgoing, personable, friendly, reliable with ability to problem solve
What were the Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities of the assignment?
- Pay attention to customers when they describe their computer problems
- Ask customers questions to properly diagnose the problem
- Walk customers through the problem-solving steps
- Set up or repair computer equipment and related devices
- Train users to use new computer hardware or software, including printing, installation, word processing, and email
- Give information to others in the organization about what gives customers the most trouble and other concerns customers have
Trey, a Multi-Talented Yale University Freshman Accepts Denver IT Help Desk Temporary Job
It did not take J. Kent’s Staffing Manager a long time to make the best hire for the 3 week assignment. Although many qualified candidates were considered, Trey, a high school graduate received the job offer. He was an excellent choice and his work performance reviews were outstanding. What made Trey, a 17 year old high school graduate ready to enter college in the fall of 2013 stand out from all the rest? Here is a brief look at the 17 year-old’s resume, yes, resume:
- Class of 2013 East High School Honors graduate (GPA: 4.949 out of 5.20, weighted)
- Parlez Vous Francais? Smart, ambitious, articulate, tech-savvy, AND bilingual (French) travelling to Paris prior to attending college this summer
- A Natural Performer - No Stage Fright! Musically gifted, having played classical piano since a very young age, as well as singing solo performances and with East High School choir
- Accepted to Yale University, fall 2013 with the ambition to pursue dual degrees in both Music Composition and Computer Science
- Composers Concert Award Winner, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013
Great Job Trey!
We loved having you on our staff this summer. Everyone at J. Kent Staffing looks forward to hearing about your success at Yale and your accomplishments in the professional and performing arts arenas in the years to come!