Denver Temp Agency – Paralegal Trainee Accepts Denver Legal Job
|Sunshine - Paralegal Trainee|
- 05/18/2012 |
- 1594 Views
Denver Law Firms Look to Legal Contract and Temporary Staffing Agencies
Denver law firms and corporate legal departments look to legal contract and temporary staffing agencies in order to provide key para-professional legal personnel during critical times in their business cycles. Denver law firms today recognize that for one-time, large-scale projects, peak work periods or long- term interim staffing needs it is not cost efficient to undergo a full search, recruiting and placement effort.
Denver Law Firm Willing to Train with Bachelor’s Degree for Paralegal Position
In May, 2012 a Denver law firm requested temporary, long-term, interim staffing for a Paralegal/Legal Assistant. What was exceptional about the assignment was that the client was willing to train.
What Were the Requirements for the Paralegal Trainee Positon?
- Bachelor’s degree
- A high grade point average
- Meaningful extracurricular activities and internships/job while in college
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook)
- Strong desire to enter the legal field or preferably, enter law school
Paralegal Trainee Job Opportunities Not Common
J. Kent’s Denver Staffing Manager recognized that very few Paralegal Trainee opportunities are available in the Denver market either in Direct Hire or in temporary positions. In order to make the right hire and corporate match, J. Kent’s Staffing Manager reviewed hundreds of resumes, interviewed 30 candidates and finally narrowed the Candidate Pool to 3 individuals that met the law firm’s trainee criteria and requirements. After the final interviews were completed, Sunshine, whose personality fits her name, was hired by J. Kent’s Staffing Manager for the coveted Paralegal Trainee position.
Sunshine, a Colorado native, grew up in a small town in Colorado’s western slope. She was her high school's valedictorian and the first exchange student to Ghana, Africa in her junior year. Sunshine had the complete package that our client was seeking:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration; graduated December 2011
- Graduated with honors
- Vice President of the Hospitality Club
- Completed the Outward Bound Leadership Program
- Held several significant jobs while in college – reservation agent for luxury B & B, Bookkeeper/Secretary
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office Suite
- Excellent organization skills, flexible and a strong desire to learn about the legal field
- Friendly, personable, professional
Paralegal Temporary Job Provides Excellent Training and Workplace Experience for Recent College Grad
Although Sunshine had been considering a career in hospitality management, a change of heart directed her towards a career in the legal field. Therefore, this Paralegal Trainee position will provide hands-on, real life job experience in the field of law. As of this writing, Sunshine is scheduled to take the LSAT the summer of 2012 and is in daily trainee mode with our client with a goal to begin law school within the next 2 years.